Saturday 16 July 2011

Riding the 12k Route

I did it!  I rode the 12k route..... and it was great!

Other than the fact that I realized my gears didn't work, which made going up, even the small inclines that are on this route a bit of a challenge, the ride was pretty awesome.  12k is a good starter distance for a beginner like me, and my brother who joined me, who was a avid cyclist but has been out of the habit for a while.  It feels like you're doing a proper ride, but you don't feel totally spent at the end.  The scenery really is lovely, and the roads were quiet.  There are a couple bits that are busier roads, one has a bike lane and the others are brief.  It's mainly flat, even without gears there were only 2 inclines that I had to walk up for about 10 paces. It took us about an hour at a leisurely pace.  Afterwards we went over to Whittamore Farms, which is a stop on this route where we met up with the rest of our family who had been enjoying the on-farm activities there.

It would only be that much better when people do the route for the Tour de Greenbelt and get to be a part of a group, participate in the rest stops enjoy the on route support and of course, the end of day bbq and festivities.

Next... it's the 25k route.

No comments:

Post a Comment